Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cigareetes, Whuskey, And Wild, Wild Women



I pushed my way to the bar to order a beer and as I went to grab a napkin, I saw her.  She was just a few stools down, alone, stirring some kind of fizzy blue drink.  Her long auburn hair was messy like she just got out of bed, which was strangely attractive.  Her dress was straight out the Amvets store, natty and only one of many layers – combatting a sweater, scarfs and some kind of pirate/Batman utility belt thing.  Whatever, she was kinda cute. As she looked up I caught her eye… just one.  I realized she had one of those koogle problems where one eye looked right when the other looked left.  Disturbing.  Was she actually looking at me or the bartender?  Oh well, I went for it anyway.  I moved over to her and pointed toward the fizzy blue drink, “You want another one of those?” She turned her good eye to me and replied, “Somebody just left this thing here.  Actually I’m a Beam drinker.  How about a whiskey rocks?” We were off to the races…

It’s an old story, yet it refuses to fade away.  Let’s go to the old Nightclub jukebox and plug a quarter in. I think selection J-12 is appropriate…